The construction of this arch dates from 1748 being directed the works by the master builder Martín de Bogas, who raised the monument in the record time of two months. On both sides of the outer front were carved the shields of Fernando Sexto and Antequera by the stonecutter José Rodríguez.
In 1942 it was restored because its appearance became regrettable. The main body underwent no modification, but the attic was nevertheless completely redone. The central niche, which had a scarlet arch, was made of half a point and the lateral fins adopted a slight curity. In addition, other ornaments were added, such as the iron cross of the crown and the vases of the ends.
In the niche of the coronation is the terracotta image of the Virgin of the Rosary of Santo Domingo.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Jesús Romero Benítez, Artistic Guide of Antequera.
Dirección: C. Belén, S/N, 29200 Antequera, Málaga