The Puerta de Estepa, so called because it is the entrance of travelers from Seville, was originally built in 1749, the work of the municipal master builder Martín Bogas. The central arch, of greater dimensions, was used by the carriages and the lateral ones, by the pedestrians. In 1931 it was demolished due to the difficulties it presented for the incipient road traffic of the city. In 1998 it was rebuilt on the occasion of the 250th anniversary of the Royal August Fair of Antequera.
Its current location is a few meters from the original and, in Baroque style, has several of the original elements such as the bases, the royal shield and those of the corregidor and the city. It is presided over by the terracotta image of Our Lady of the Rosary and a tile of Saint Euphemia.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Jesús Romero Benítez, Artistic Guide of Antequera.
Dirección: C. Constitución, s/n, 29200 Antequera, Málaga