Antequera Town Hall Tourism Department. The Saint Sebastian Square was created in 1508 as a result of a royal warrant by Doña Juana La Loca (the crazy Lady Juana). Currently, it is one of the most beautiful urban complexes in the town. There, we can find buildings as interesting as the Arco del Nazareno (Arch of the Penitent), the Bouderé Mansion or the distinguished Collegiate Church of Saint Sebastian. Another outstanding element is the Renaissance fountain in the middle of the square; a work by Baltasar de Godros, from Granada, in 1545, to be placed at the Plaza Alta (High Square), and which was afterward moved to the Coso de San Franscico and, finally, to its current place.
Plaza San Sebastián