Antequera Town Hall Tourism Department. The monumental facade consisting of three sections made of red limestone from El Torcal is, undoubtedly, one of the most important designs among those of its kind were erected in Antequera. There are documentary proofs that the building works for the palace were already started in 1711.The facade’s panel, which has got unusual proportions with regards to the architecture of the palaces in Antequera, is organized in six window axis and three floors. The most outstanding element is the front which responds to a Baroque spirit although it is quite classical regarding the tectonic elements. The first section, the only one entering the street, has got four Tuscan columns with oval capital supported by plinths at different vertical levels, with encased pilasters. The metopes of the entablature are adorned with fleur de lys and flat flowers. The very large balcony is on this first section. The last section of the front shows a more compositional freedom, being topped with curved pediment adorned with volutes and pyramids. The rest of the façade, except for the cornice supporting the roof, was redesigned in the 19th century with little success. The interior of the palace is as magnificent as the monumental front. The courtyard has a square floor plan and on its ground floor we find a set of brick arches supported by twelve Tuscan columns made of red limestone from El Torcal. The stairwell, on the left side of the hall, has a rectangular floor with elliptical vault supported by pendentives. The plasterworks adorning this vault respond to the 17th century-models.
On the fifteenth October 2013, the Governing Council of the Autonomous Community of Andalusia agrees to register the Palace of the Marquess of Villadarias in the General Catalogue of Andalusian Historical Heritage, classifying it as a monument.