The building project is from 1878 and its design comes from the proposal of the architect, Jerónimo Cuervo González. It had a budget of 102,211 pesetas from which 80,000 pesetas were subsidized by the State. The building was thought to be used as the San Luis Gonzaga Secondary School. At the beginning, the project was commissioned to the architect Fernando de la Torriente, but it did not catch on and he work finished in 1880. The final result is a building with three facades in style within the eclectic historicism style, in neoclassical ascription.