Antequera Town Hall Tourism Department. In 1601, this monastery was founded by the Religiosas Mínimas (Nuns of the Minor Order) who dedicated it to Saint Eufemia, Patron Saint of the town. The present church was erected between 1739 and 1763 following the design of and started by the master Cristóbal García. The exterior displays a graceful set of volumes and roofs. It is quite high and it has an octagonal floor plan whose façade’s low sections are hidden due to the attached volumes. As a singular exterior element, we must point out the belfry, and the niche of the Virgin which is hanging out. The interior is designed as a large unit and central space, where the chapel and the high and low choirs under the same axis fail to break the unity. The elevation presents enormous pilasters and cornices with great projections together with Doric and Ionic elements. The concave piers alternating with half-barrel and segmental arches cause an articulation of Baroque lines. The High Chapel is crowned by a small vault with Rococo plasterworks. In the Virgin’s niche, on a golden base and shrine, we find the Titular Image, Saint Eufemia, a work by Andrés de Carvajal. The High Altarpiece is of dark green colour, bordered in golden and Rococo decoration. In front of the inner door toward the street, there is a beautiful reredos of the Virgen de los Dolores (Virgin of Sorrows), with a very lively trace in Rococo style. The image is a beautiful Virgin of Sorrows intended to be dressed and made in 1745, in Seville. On both sides of the High Chapel there are two unimportant reredos with the images of Saint Francis of Paola, of the 17th century, and the image of the Virgin of the Rosary. Under both sculptures, inside small niches, there are a tiny Saint Joseph, of the 18th century, and a Saint John Baptizing made in polychrome clay.