Antequera Town Hall Tourism Department. This convent, which was not finished until 1580, belongs to the community of the Carmelites Mothers of the Old Observance. The exterior is quite sober and the only outstanding element is the access arch where the sprandels are decorated with an embossed Virgin and a Saint Gabriel forming the scene of the Annuntiation; a vase of lilies completes the motif. In the 18th century, two sections with peculiar windowed balconies and a belfry were constructed. The interior repeats the model of Moorish church of Granada with only one hall nave and the High Chapel up on steps. Both spaces are covered with Mudejar coffered ceilings. The High Chapel’s coffered ceiling has octagonal plan and is supported by plasterwork shell squinches, showing stars and cross braces on the gables and double beams in the angles. From the middle, it hangs a graceful pine cone where the stalactite works have been replaced by oval and pearl forms. It is also worth noting the footings and architraves which support the High Choir on the base, as well as its lattices. The original reredos of the church are completely missing, except for the remaining reredos of a Saint Elias. The main sculptures are one work by Saint Andrés de Carvajal and a really beautiful image of the Virgin of Carmen, a very lively Rococo composition made by the Diego Márquez de la Vega, from Antequera, in 1787. Before finishing the visit, we should stop to watch the convent’s façade at the Tintes street, with a very intricate Mannerist style composition that reminds the designs by Melchor de Aguirre. This façade has been restored in 2012 by the Historical Heritage Department of the City Council of Antequera.